PCIT is right if your child is between the ages of 2-7 and they experience any of the following behaviors:
- aggressiveness (hitting, kicking, spitting, biting, throwing objects)
- difficulty following directions
- violence/destroying toys or property
- fights with siblings or other children
- lacks social skills (sharing, taking turns, playing with others)
- refuses to listen when told to do something
PCIT is right for you if you experience the following in relation to your child:
- You have to repeat your commands several times for your child to listen
- You feel you have to threaten your child before they comply
- You are "at the end of your rope" with their behaviors
- Your children refuse to get along
- You and your partner cannot agree on important parenting skills/techniques
- Time-outs and other parenting techniques are not working
PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING is right if:
- You are having difficulty understanding your child's functioning
- There are concerns about your child's cognitive, emotional or behavioral functioning
- You feel that the school is not providing your child with the right curriculum or assistance
- You need clarification about a diagnosis, treatment plan, services, or type of program which fit your child's needs.
INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING is right for children or adolescents if:
- Your child is experiencing emotional problems.
- Your child has a mental health diagnosis that needs to be treated.
- Your child has experienced a traumatic event or has a change in functioning
Dr. Almont provides training for preschool, daycare and elementary school teachers/staff as well as parents on how to handle misbehavior in the classroom. Training includes powerpoint presentations, ongoing consultation and observation/feedback of particularly challenging children.